7 Things You Need To Know Before Hiring A DJ - Houston, TX
1. Personality & Appearance – Your DJ should blend in at your event and have your best interests at heart. Many DJs ignore the fact that the party is for you and your guests and not a showcase for their ego. You are hiring a DJ - NOT a clown.
2. Professionalism – Your DJ should be a full-time experienced professional. Many DJs are new, part-time or wannabe tune players. If your event requires the services of a DJ, he or she should be a pro with the experience to ensure an ideal outcome for you.
3. People Skills – Your DJ should have the ability to match the tone of your event and be ‘in tune’ to the party mood of your guests while creating a positive and memorable event.
4. Equipment – Your DJ should regularly invest in top-quality sound equipment. Avoid DJ services with equipment that might break down half way through your event.
5. Lighting - Your DJ should be able to provide the lights needed to make your event memorable. Most DJs charge extra for lighting, but lighting is part of the show.
6. Music – Many DJs nowadays are filling their music libraries with low quality MP3 files without concern for the quality of music you are actually paying for. Your event deserves the best possible sound quality available.
7. References are a Must! – Your DJ should provide you with an extensive list of recent clients as references AND be open to you attending an event to see and hear their performance. Know what you’re paying for BEFORE you write the check!
Additional questions you should consider:
Do they include various guarantees on their services?
Are they insured?
Do you get a signed contractual agreement for their services?
Are they licensed to do business?
Do they have truly professional experience?
Are they well trained in what to do and how to do it for your specific event?
Do they have a real office location or are they fly-by-night operators?
Are their services a great presentation from start to finish?
Are they professional, courteous, and respectful of your needs?
Do they arrive early with plenty of time to ensure everything is set up?
Can they customize their services during your event to meet your needs?
Do they have an extensive and wide range of music available for your event?
If you are looking for a DJ for your Holiday party, wedding, school, and/or community event in Cypress Texas or the Greater Houston, TX area we are the one's to call.
TORKAY EVENT SERVICES & RENTALS
We remove your risk in hiring a DJ
10606 Dayspring Dr.
Cypress, TX 77433